The Conscious Leaders Group exists to create an economy of opportunity and prosperity in which all stakeholders thrive.
Conscious Capitalism® Credo
“We believe that business is good because it creates value, it is ethical because it is based on voluntary exchange, it is noble because it can elevate our existence, and it is heroic because it lifts people out of poverty and creates prosperity. Free enterprise capitalism is the most powerful system for social cooperation and human progress ever conceived. It is one of the most compelling ideas we humans have ever had.”
– – – – –
“To Lincoln’s mind, the fundamental test of a democracy was its capacity to ‘elevate the condition of men, to lift artificial weights from all shoulders, to clear the paths of laudable pursuit for all.’” (Abraham Lincoln, “Message to Congress in Special Session,” July 4, 1861, from The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln, IV, p. 438, as quoted in Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, by Doris Kearns Goodwin, p. 90.)
At The Conscious Leaders Group™ (CLG), we believe that a capitalist system of economics is essential to Lincoln’s vision. However, capitalism cannot, if it is to serve democracy in the manner envisioned by Lincoln, be limited to the few; it must of necessity be based on principles that are applied in order to “elevate the condition of [ALL], to lift artificial weights from ALL shoulders, to clear the paths of laudable pursuit for ALL.”
To accomplish this, our Members support one another in building financially successful organizations that improve lives. Our Members apply the Four Tenets of Conscious Capitalism in order to:
- Earn industry-leading revenue and profit
- Develop fully engaged, pro-active leadership teams
- Enjoy higher levels of customer loyalty and employee morale
- Create market differentiation and visibility
- Recruit, retain and promote the most talented individuals in their field
- Execute on their highest-level priorities
- Experience greater levels of innovation
- Achieve significantly higher business valuations
- Establish a positive legacy for future generations
Who is CLG for? CLG is designed for a business owner who:
- Has a growth mindset
- Loves to learn
- Desires to help the other Members succeed
- Is willing to invest in herself/himself and in her/his leadership team
- Holds himself/herself and others accountable
- Is committed to leaving a positive legacy
Our Core Values:
Freedom. We create opportunities for people to be their best.
Everybody Matters. We act for the good of all concerned.
Truthfulness. We tell the truth, even when it’s inconvenient.
Mutual Accountability. We hold ourselves accountable to one another.
Who are your coaches?
- Chris Kenny, President, STAR Group, LLC. Chris delivers clear thinking to purpose-driven leaders who want to build great companies. He is a lifelong learner with over 30 years’ experience as an attorney, entrepreneur and business coach. Chris may be reached at (505) 263-7067 or via email at email@example.com.
- Ben Thomson, Principal, Pivotal Consulting, LLC. Ben works with intentional leaders and their teams to build trusting partnerships, solve complex problems, and implement scalable processes. Ben focuses his coaching practice on helping leaders improve quality of life for themselves, their teams and their stakeholders. Ben may be reached at (510) 332-4873 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.